Today is a windy, sunny day. The weather is cooler, but still beautiful. The leaves are blowing all around and the pecans are falling off the tree. I guess it's time to pick them up and give them away. My doggies sure like breaking into them and getting the good stuff out.
I work as a charge nurse at a psychiatric hospital and things are going well. I have learned a lot of new things about myself...especially that it's a whole new ball of wax being "in charge"! I love my patients, though, and learn so much from them. I really see how truly blessed I am. This job gives me the opportunity to help others as so many have helped me throughout the years. It's amazing how time passes, failures go and successes come. Here's a poem that one of the patients wrote to our night shift...it will give you pause, I hope:
Thank you God for the little things
that often come my way
the things I take for granted
and not mention as I pray.
It's that unexpected courtesy
or that thoughtful kindly deed
and the hand reached out
to help me in a time of sudden need.
Make me more aware Lord of
life's simple daily graces that come
to me with great surprise
from never dreamed of places
Life is an interesting prospect, full of challenges and opportunities. I've always claimed to "hate" Lubbock, but I'm beginning to realize that its not where you are that really matters, it's who you are...and what you do with the blessings that God has given each of us. I've been given time to slow down...to stop and think about what matters to me, why things happen the way they do, and how my relationships with others impacts both them and me.
Needless to say, I'm waxing nostalgic...this happens to me sometimes, on a windy Autumn afternoon, when the leaves are blowing, and the acorns have fallen from the tree. Well, enough of that...
Just a thanks to my niece for posting pictures of my favoritest little people in the world. Also, to all my family I miss and love you all.
Been sewing, beading, creating, painting, drawing, and crocheting...you know what is coming up and I AM GOING TO BE READY! Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment